Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A look ahead to Episode 8


We were left with a cliff hanger heading into Episode 8 and we will most certainly begin right there.   During the preview TJ says "Undoubtedly one of the dumbest decisions in Challenge history".   Now those are very strong words.    I know TJ gets offended when teams are being repeatedly picked on and I know I criticized the potential sending in of Paula / Dunbar - but I don't think any of these picks would constitute the dumbest decision in Challenge history.

For those Survivor fans in the readership, last week on the Show the winning team actually sent themselves into the elimination.   I don't think CT and Diem would do something like that - but I think it bears mentioning in this space.

My gut tells me that Diem got her way and Paula and Dunbar will head into the Dome to face Ty and Emily.   And TJ is right that it is a very stupid decision, but he is being a little over dramatic with that proclamation.   I think Paula and Dunbar are going to be very hard pressed to come out of the Dome.   Paula is completely psyched out by Emily and Dunbar is just not an elite guy that will put Ty to the test.

So lets go forward assuming we have 4 teams left in CT, Mark, Johnny and Ty's teams and we will be eliminating one more couple before the Final challenge.   Sadly, I think we are looking at another cliffhanger this week, but time will tell.  Rarely do they send home to 2 couples via 2 Domes in one episode.

It looks like this week's challenge is going to be a page out of Top Gun as Mark so succinctly put it in the preview.   Each team will have to run to retrieve some kind of outdoor patio set and then move each piece of the set from one side of a field to another.   The catch being that there will be a private jet blowing air at them as they try to do it.   It appears to be a pretty difficult task as the preview shows Camila being thrown about 10 feet as she tries to move a lounger.

Diem and CT should have choice of order.   So you'd think the winner of the Dome will go first, followed by  Johnny/Camila then Mark and Robin and finally CT and Diem.  We also see in the preview that Diem employs a crawling maneuver to try and mitigate the effect of the Jet wind.

My other perspective is that the heavier competitors should benefit from the event.  Girls like Camila and Diem could have issues being so light.  

I think Emily and Ty should do well in this, but if they're going first like I've projected they are going to be the guinea pigs and that's rarely a good recipe.   I don't think they will win, but I'd also be really surprised if they were the bottom couple.

There would be a measure of sweet irony if Diem and CT were the bottom couple and I think they are certainly a competitor for the spot.   Going last should help, but I just cant stop myself from picturing Diem getting thrown by the wind and completely mailing it in.  Johnny and Camila are the other couple I'm considering, but Camila just has more of a will to win.

The power couple I think could be Mark and Robin.  They are both pretty fast and they are both pretty big.  Thats a nice recipe for this.  I also think CT and Diem won't see them as a huge threat and will put them 2nd to last.

My projection is going to be Mark and Robin for the win and CT and Diem in the bottom.   Ty and Emily will be thrown in by any of the couples if they don't come in first.   You can bet on that.

Of course all this can be thrown off if Paula and Dunbar aren't thrown in or don't get eliminated.  Lots of balls in the air, which should make for a fun Wednesday night.

Agree with the assessment?  Think Ty and Emily's dream run finally comes to an end?  Disappointed in TJ for using such hyperbole?




No comments:

Post a Comment