Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A look ahead to the Season Finale


Absolutely nothing to be gained from the preview from the season finale.   We hear that there are three teams remaining and we see the same clip of them climbing up the glacier.   Worth noting that it appears they are wearing snowshoes up the glacier, so at some point they're going to acquire that piece of equipment.

It also looks like CT is in 2nd place, pretty high up the mountain when he says "This is do or die time".

I produced power rankings leading up to the first part of the season finale.  We did them assuming that Mark and Robin would be eliminated, but keeping them in it just to be safe.

I still think the favorites and underdogs remain the same.

So far it doesn't look like anybody has been affected by the cold anymore that anybody else.   But only time will tell if the sleeping conditions are a big advantage.  On the surface you'd think it would be a big difference sleeping with a heater vs without a heater.  But air mattress vs yoga mats is kind of silly.  Air mattresses can be very uncomfortable and a nice hard surface is great for your lumbar.  But I just can't imagine a situation where one of these teams is sleeping without a heater.  Its -30 degrees out there... I don't care what kind of clothes they put you in - if your skin is uncovered in -30 degree conditions you'll get frost bit within a few hours.

Here is a snippet from the National Weather Service:

How long it takes you to develop frostbite will depend on the conditions. For example, if it's 0 degrees F with a wind chill of -19 degrees F, you could be frostbitten in 30 minutes, but if its -15 degrees F with a wind chill of -55 degrees, you could get frostbite in as little as 5 minutes

Do we really think they are sleeping out in these conditions.   Come on.

My gut still tells me that Ty is the most likely to dog out, but I'm also going to put Diem up there as well.  Something tells me she isn't going to handle the cold very well.  With Emily being a Colorado native, she "loves the cold", but with Tyrie in tow - I still dont trust that duo.

Should be an interesting final.  Sackapotatoes is setting the odds thusly:

Johnny/Camila : -110 to win
CT/Diem: +120 to win
Ty/Emily: -+160 to win


1 comment:

  1. Good point. There is just NO WAY Ty and Emily are sleeping without a heater on that glacier - stop it. My guess is none of the teams are really going to sleep well between the conditions (even the luxurious tent looked pretty awful, let's be honest) and the nervous energy, so I don't think it will affect the teams too much.

    I don't think Diem will give up - UNLESS (big unless) CT says anything that even slightly annoys her. I think she is riding high on how well they are getting along and how much she thinks he likes her at this point. If he loses his cool to her at all, I am afraid she will completely shut down.

    Johnny and Camila - seems too obvious for me.

    Totally agree that Ty is going to lose it somehow for him and Emily.

    My gut is Diem/CT. It also happens to be where I want this thing to go. It's CT's time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete