Thursday, February 9, 2012

Alternative Exes

With us seeing so many contestants sent off for questionable reasons I figured it would be a good time to take a look and see if there were any other Ex combinations we could bring in to supplement this group.

There must have been a large blow black during Rivals last year when Mike stepped in for Adam who was kicked off because Mike and Lee were good friends.   It seems they are taking the theme of the Challenge more seriously this year so substituting in someone who wasn't an "Ex" clearly wasn't an option.   TJ pretty much laid that out for us last episode.  I'm not a HUGE fan of these In-Challenge meaningless hook up relationships like Tyrie/Jasmine - but I'd imagine they couldn't get SERIOUS exes to agree to be on the show.   Lets assume everyone is in play - who would you like to see.



Melinda/Danny - Real World Austin - I feel like any one of these lists has to begin with the divorced couple that is Danny and Melinda.  Inseparable in Austin, these two would be a no-brainer.  Good looking group, challenge veterans.... perfect.

Adam/Nanny - Real World Las Vegas 2 - Another good looking couple with some Challenge experience.  The Challenge audience got to see a little bit of Adam's lunacy last season.  Nany really took on the role of battered wife pretty comfortably in this Ike/Tina relationship.   I think Nany would actually be a pretty solid competitor.

Katelynn and Her Penis - Real World Brooklyn - Veteran Challenger, I'd love to get to see how her unit feels about her after their separation.   Am I the only one who thinks she kind of looks like the girlfriend in How to Make it in America?



Cohutta and KellyAnn - Real World Sydney - Another athletic, moderately attractive couple that has a long history on Real World and The Challenge.   Cohutta might be too busy managing his lucrative nightclub in Georgia.  But they'd add some spice and youth to this competition.

Johanna and Wes - Real World Austin - I really wouldn't mind getting that couple back together.  I'm sure they tried getting Johanna who has been a part of more love triangles than anyone and she rejected.  Ya know she has a very serious career as a TV presenter going!

Miz and Coral - Real World Brooklyn - I know this is a pipe dream considering Mike is a former WWE Champion, but I'd love to see them get the gang back together.   Last time we saw Miz he was overweight and out of shape - but something tells me the two of them could make some hay.

Any other couples I'm forgetting?  Any other old schoolers you'd want to see?


2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they didn't throw Adam and Jenn at us this year on the basis of his being in love with her and her evilly playing him like a Shakespeare villain.

    I'd also like to see Kyle and Cara from Chicago, but I think Kyle is still making Right Guard commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Big Randy and Kina?

    Also, Mandi was probably the 3rd X choice for Wes. Johanna and Kellyann would have both made for better TV.

    ReplyDelete