Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Male Power Rankings


I think this exercise is a lesson in futility - but that's what this blog is all about.   We're going to look at the remaining male competitors and rank them.   Basically who would you want most as your partner for this competition. I think you could ask 10 people and get 10 different answers.

As noted in the female power rankings - Rachel will be handled as a male during this exercise.   I'm going to go least to most .... build the suspense a little bit.

7 - Dunbar -  For me Dunbar is just not a very strong competitor.  He holds himself out as fairly intelligent, but hasn't really demonstrated it too often.   When he was younger, he was a big brute of a man and he still has plenty of girth.   But he has gotten a little soft, is extremely un-agile and especially in this game where raw strength is of less importance - he is a weak competitor.

6 - Ty - I know Ty has all the physical abilities and has really surprised me so far this competition.   But his past has to come with him and has to be considered during this exercise.  He is probably the most physically put together competitor this season - but he doesn't have much of a head for the game and has shown himself to be a quitter and a dog.  The longer he goes in this game, the higher he'll climb in these rankings - but he is going to have to earn every step of the ladder.

5 - Rachel - Rachel is a really, really strong female competitor.   And we have seen that in this game they are neutralizing some of the strengths of the men.   So as we see more and more of those types of competitions Rachel could climb the rankings.   She is smart, has great endurance and is a very athletic person.  But if she is ever in a situation where she has to carry Aneesa, physically, she just isn't going to be able to do it.   This is a particularly strong set of guys, so being 5 is a pretty big compliment.

4 - Abram - I love Abram and think he is extremely underrated.   But his head hasn't been 100% in it this time around.  I think he could do everything physically, but I don't know how much he wants it.   And unlike the 3 people ahead of him, I think his mental game isn't as strong.

3 - Johnny - Johnny is a Champion.  He plays the game well, he has proven to be really athletic and my instincts tell me that there won't be a ton of really physical competitions where his size will be a detriment.  My only concern right now is that he is overplaying his hand a little bit.  He doesn't have his normal group of Kenny, Evan, etc... that he runs with and can control.  I think he is getting a bit arrogant and that is why he is 3 instead of 1.

2 - CT - 1-2-3 I think any number of rankings would be right.  I think CT is an animal, he has never won so he is hungry and he seems to be getting along with nearly everyone in the house.  People fear him and despite his past - he is actually a pretty smart and savvy competitor.   The only chink in his armor is that he has never won.  Is there a reason for that?  Is he deep down a loser?  I dont know.  But until he gets the hardware I have a tough time putting him #1.

1 - Mark - I've never been a huge Mark fan.  He is very old and I don't really care for his personality.   But with that said - he has been a really strong competitor so far this season.  He has the best mix of size and agility, outside of maybe Ty.  He is a smart guy and everyone loves him.   There aren't a lot of negatives on his resume.  If he has any other partner I think they'd be a much bigger favorite.  But if I had to have one guy to be my teammate, I think I'd go with Mark.

Everyone has to have a feeling here?  Who would you pick to be #1?  Everyone in agreement Rachel, Dunbar, Ty in the bottom 3?

Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. CT wins this year, where does he rank?

    1 on this list? or does Mark still beat him?

    signed anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think CT with a championship could be #1.

    I also think a lot of it has to be related to how gets it too.

    My first instinct is CT is Peyton Manning-ish. Great numbers, fearsome competitor - get him a ring and he has to be in the conversation for the best ever. But he has too many question marks to really be in that debate.

    ReplyDelete